Monday, May 18, 2009

Sexting

Ok so this is an issue I've been coming across lately. SEXTING. Do you guys know what it is?! If you don't, I'll clarify. :) Sexting is a term used now in the new electronic & messaging world which means texting but sending pictures or verbal texts someone. Not your ordinary pictures or text. More like sexual & intimate messages. Sexting affects young girls the most. young girls send pictures of themselves nude or possibly in underwear & bra or maybe no bra & just the underwear. You get my point. To their classmates or even guys they don't even know. & this was an issue tyra banks had exposed on her show. Young girls between the ages of 13-18, sending pictures of themselves & not knowing to whoever they sent it to can distribute these photos to other people or even distribute them online.

I'm sure almost of us have sent maybe a flirty text to a guy or maybe a pic or two, but that isn't a reason to degrade yourself & send text messages or pictures of raunchy stuff you wouldn't want someone to see if you mistakenly left your phone somewhere or taken away. Ladies we can't keep allowing ourselves to be this way. Because our self-esteem is at a very low level, we need to put ourselves down. I was at a point where my self-esteem was low. Yea I dated a bunch of guy I guess to make myself feel "happy". But do you know how disgusting that sounds? It just says "I DON'T LOVE MYSELF". "I'M NOT HAPPY WITH MYSELF". & you know what? I got tired of dealing with jealous boyfriends, players & asshole guys who didn't give a damn about me and instead wanted to get into my panties.

That was a given the day I almost got raped by a guy I went to school with. I was only 16. & from that day, I changed. I made it so that no guy comes into my life & tell me what to do & what not to do. I'm still a virgin to this day. My boyfriend doesn't pressure me, & he doesn't degrade me either. & he understands my past was my past & that my past made me a stronger individual. & that's something i want to share with my sisters in the world! Be proud of yourselves. We are all human & we make mistakes & we learn from them. But don't just make a mistake to make another mistake. That's not learning.

Did y'all hear the scandal with singer/model Cassie, where someone hacked her computer & distributed nude pictures of her all over the internet?!? Trust me you wouldn't want to be in that situation. Sure on her twitter she was like "IT SEEMS THAT SOMEONE HAS HACKED INTO MY COMPUTER…THAT’S REAL FOUL AND EVIL. NOW STOP ACTING LIKE YOU HAVEN’T SEEN A TITTY BEFORE". But I know deep down inside she was crushed! That's embarrassing for the most part. I don't care how much pride & confidence you want to portray, trust me you felt lower than low when your shit was exposed to the world sista!

So please girls, be careful who you send your pictures to. They can get in the hands of the wrong person and trust me, your reputation will be severe. The consequences aren't ones you want to live with for the rest of your life.

3 comments:

Adina Renée. said...

lol @ sexting.

Ms. Pretty said...

See that's what I was talking bout in my post SMB!!!! This has got to stop....LMBO!!!

GiNA CAkESzz. said...

yea sexting is what you said it was lol im not gon try to act like i dont do it girl lol.for me though i dont do it cause of low-self esteem i do it cuz welp u figua it out lmao recently ive allowed myself ta do it with a couple of people that im not even going out with or talking 2.nd i have been feeling kind of guilty.cause it may be great in the moment but you know there niggas they can do it and be ok with themselves why on the other hand we as females are emotional lol so im going to stop that lol i flirt though saying "inapproiate" thing playing around lmao but im gon have to put a limitation on it.i wonder why i am doind it more so then b4 though? mayb it is some low self esteem now that i think of it =/ being vulnerable.yeaahhh its going to have to stop lmao sorry for writting my life story lmaoo